Afraid of using dark eyeshadows for fear of looking like a panda? Love the smoky eye look but no matter how hard you try, they just look imbalanced? Let me share with you a very simple, non intimidating smoky eye.
What you need:
A black pencil eye liner (I used MAC Smoulder eye pencil)
A dark eyeshadow (here, I used a dark brown)
A light shimmery eyeshadow (highlight colour) (I used a very light shimmery peachy colour)
Eye brushes: eyeshadow, blending, pencil (I used MAC 239, 217, 219)
Now let’s get started!
1. It’s always good to prime your eyes especially if eyeshadows are prone to creasing on your lids. Here, I applied the Urban Decay Primer Potion in the shade of Eden.
2. Blend out the primer potion with fingers.
3. Instead of a cream eyeshadow, I am using a black pencil liner as a base. Draw a thick line with it and don’t worry if it’s messy.
4. With a cotton bud, gently go over the edges to soften the harsh line. Don’t rub too hard or you’ll rub everything off.
5. Pat on the eyeshadow using an eyeshadow brush. I guess you can also use your finger tips, but it is less precise.
6. With the blending brush, gently go over the edges using windshield wiper movement until you see the edges soften
7. Line the inner rims of your eyes, both upper and lower lashlines.
8. Smudge the lower lashline with a pencil brush. Use the dark eyeshadow to darken the outer corners
9. Use the light eyeshadow and pat it at the centre of the lids.
10. With the same highlight colour, use a pencil brush to line the inner half of the lower lashline and the inner corner of the eyes.
11. Using the same highlight colour, lightly dust it below the brow bone. Apply 2 coats of mascara, both top and lower lashes.
12. Fill in your brows, and voila! You’re done!
Hope that was helpful and you’ll give it a try! This is so simple, once you get the hang of it, you can finish this in 10 minutes. Let me know how it works for you, ok?
Have you entered my Urban Decay Naked2 Palette giveaway yet? Come and join in the fun!