So I’m going to join fellow Lipstick Bandit Monika of Rocaille Writes in Project Make A Dent. I also saw Joyce of Bronzer Bunny writing about it, and thought why not. Basically, I will select a few products where I’ll be making concerted effort to use up, or in this case, make a dent. It all started at Lola’s Secret Beauty Blog, and I think it’s a great idea! Gummy from Gummy Vision is also doing it. If you’re interested, why don’t you join us?
My Project Make A Dent will focus on makeup, because those are the products I have difficulty finishing. I have no problems with skincare, so I’ll leave the updates on those in my empties posts. For the first post of the series, I’ll be going easy on myself. Unconsciously, I’ve been using a few items regularly, hoping I’ll use them up soon. Here, I have a few items I’ve been trying to use up the last couple of months.
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Light) – just a tad bit left
- Revlon Colorstay Concealer (Light Medium) – I can’t really tell, but from the dent that I sometimes spot, I have a quarter left
- Shiseido Macquillage brow pencil (BR611) – only 3mm left
- MAC Kohl Power Eye Pencil Crayon (Feline) – a third left
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Lip Gloss (Garnet Desire) – another half tube to go
As you can see, I’ll probably be using up the powder and brow pencil within the month. I’m aiming to use up the rest in the next month. Then, I’ll be selecting a few more items – to at least make a dent in them. Do you have problems finishing makeup, but still buying more? For me, it’s definitely an addiction masked behind the words “hobby” and “blogging”, and while I’m being more selective in accumulating new things, I also feel much better being able to use up old ones.
Do you want to join us?