It’s been a few months since my last empties post, and this time round, I wanted to give you my final thoughts of the products after I’ve used them up. Reviews are usually written after a couple of months of usage, and I thought it would be interesting to see if my thoughts are consistent, after I’ve actually finished the product.
First up, makeup and haircare. I don’t use much hair care so this one is easy. I’ve never reviewed the Batiste dry shampoo, and never felt the need to. I don’t use it very often, only on days I was too busy to wash my hair. It is the most affordable dry shampoo I tried. The rest which are available in Malaysia are quite expensive. Thanks to a friend who brought this for me all the way from the UK, I get a few more huge bottles sitting in my drawer. It’ll come in handy! Batiste is more powdery than the Fudge dry shampoo which smells like coconut, but it still works great.
- MUFE Mat Velvet + was a staple for me a few years back, and there’s still half a bottle left. However, this foundation is more than 3 years old, and I don’t like the full coverage anymore.
- Clinique Airbrush Concealer and Dior Skinflash worked great, but I definitely prefer the Clinique one. First, it’s more affordable, and second, it doesn’t bling like the Dior and it looked very natural. It’s more like a sheerer and lighter concealer with light reflecting properties.
- Burt’s Bees tinted lip balm – this one I had to chuck. It’s become squishy 🙁
- Clinique Chubby Stick mini – this one is one of the chubby sticks found in my holiday set I purchased… can’t remember when. I used this up and it’s one of my favourite pinks! It’s in shade Super Strawberry and it is one of the few pinks that flatter me.
- The Becca Skin Resurfacing Primer in deluxe sample size was part of a set I bought off Zuneta when the site was still around. I find that it broke me out so no, I’m not buying a full sized one. Furthermore, I’m not much of a primer person.
- Dior 1 Couleur Eye Gloss – this one was launched in Summer about 2 years back, I think? It was great while it lasted. After that, it made my eyes itch. Toss!
- Clinique Lash Power Volumizing Mascara is yet another sample, but one that I really liked. I like how little the brush is, and it got to all my lashes. It’s not the most volumizing however. Perhaps the lengthening one will suit me more. I will either score another sample when I purchase something, or just get a full sized one. Just because I love the brush!
For skincare, these have served me well.
- The 2 Bobbi Brown moisturizers that I downed were great basic moisturizers. However, for the price of >RM300, I still think they’re on the pricey side. Then again, compared to the ones I’m using now, these are more affordable!
- I really liked the Pai Gentle Hydrating Cleanser, but I’m not willing to fork out for shipping fees. Cheapo alert. Also, there are other cleansers that I like, and I can get them any time I want.
- Misting toners like the Antipodes Ananda are nice. I love the smell of roses too… but I find that they’re on the pricier side. I use them up too quickly, and 50ml is really not a whole lot. The smell though… I don’t know. Torn.
- I finally used up my Diorsnow foam cleanser. Yay! It just wouldn’t die. LOL 🙂 I prefer milk and gel cleansers lately, so I’m staying off foams for a while. I still have one from Estee Lauder that I’m trying to use up.
- Lancome Bi Facil is my staple eye makeup remover. I’d use up this one, then switch to a more affordable one, just to test out other brands (I like the Biore and Bifests ones), and I’ll go back to this.
- The little Dior Capture Totale sample you see is the day moisturizer in cream form. Didn’t like it much, but I bought the emulsion which I love!
Last but not least, fragrances. I used up my staple of 2 years – the Gucci II! And the sample of Miss Dior Cherie is also gone. I’m punching myself for not getting the full sized Miss Dior Cherie. Love that not so sweet floral scent. I’m going through my older fragrances now, because I’m going through this phase where I want to use up old stuff. Someone mentioned “nesting” and getting ready for the baby to come, and I don’t know. Certainly feels like it, with the way I’ve been behaving. I’m now using my old Tommy Hilfiger before proceeding to the DKNY apples. Old perfumes. DIE!